Manhunt for knife-wielding robbers
A MANHUNT is continuing today for two robbers who threatened a hairdresser with a knife and stole a money bag from the salon where she worked.The pair, thought to be aged about 17 and wearing hoods, struck at Mary Alison's Hair Salon on Stowupland Road in Stowmarket.
A MANHUNT is continuing today for two robbers who threatened a hairdresser with a knife and stole a money bag from the salon where she worked.
The pair, thought to be aged about 17 and wearing hoods, struck at Mary Alison's Hair Salon on Stowupland Road in Stowmarket.
They demanded cash from a female hairdresser and threatened her with a knife, before she handed over a money bag. They then ran out of the salon and down an opposite alleyway.
Detective inspector Jenny Benham, of Suffolk police said: “This was a frightening ordeal for the hairdresser who thankfully was not hurt in this incident.
You may also want to watch:
“This type of crime is rare in Stowmarket and we would urge anyone who witnessed this crime, or who was in the area at the time of the robbery, to contact us.”
Stowmarket's mayor Frank Whittle said: “I think it is horrendous. I do not know what Stowmarket is coming to. It was such a nice quiet town and supposed to be among the best to live in.
- 1 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 2 Anger at 'death trap' road in Pinewood
- 3 Ipswich woman who punched partner in face is ordered to pay compensation
- 4 Ipswich carer stole £570 from autistic client's bank account
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Tesco introduces permanent quiet hours at its stores
- 7 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 8 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 9 Everything you need to know about inflatable Waterfront sculpture
- 10 Fresh warning to parents after children re-enact Squid Game on playgrounds
“It must be horrendous to be confronted with this.”
One of the men involved in the raid, which took place at 5.10pm on Tuesday, is described as white, 5ft 6ins tall, slim and was wearing a navy coloured hooded top and dark coloured jogging bottoms.
The second robber is also white, about 6ft tall, slim, in his late teens, and was wearing a light grey hooded top and dark coloured trousers.
Police would particularly like to speak to a cyclist seen posting a letter in a post box opposite the salon, near the entrance to the industrial estate, just before the robbery took place.
Anyone with information should contact Stowmarket CID on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.