Market move awaited
IPSWICH market is expected to move to the Cornhill by the end of next month.A date for the long-awaited move is expected to be agreed within the next few days, which will enable the move to be completed within four weeks.
IPSWICH market is expected to move to the Cornhill by the end of next month.
A date for the long-awaited move is expected to be agreed within the next few days, which will enable the move to be completed within four weeks.
Traders will have to buy new covers for their stalls before the move can be completed, and these take up to three weeks to be delivered.
"We are just waiting on some paperwork by the council, but we are certainly hoping to be on the Cornhill before May," said market traders' spokesman Mike Young.
The Evening Star launched a campaign to save the market after traders feared for its future due to its non-central location.
Thousands upon thousands of customers supported the campaign to have the market moved to the centre of Ipswich.
- 1 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 3 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 5 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 6 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 7 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 8 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 9 Police cordon off Felixstowe town centre car park after incident
- 10 Estate agent switches household’s energy supply without telling tenant