Martlesham Brass band fayre and medals
MARTLESHAM Brass Band held its Summer Fayre at St Michael's Church Centre, Martlesham Heath.It was a fun-filled afternoon with all four of our brass band sections performing.
MARTLESHAM Brass Band held its Summer Fayre at St Michael's Church Centre, Martlesham Heath.
It was a fun-filled afternoon with all four of our brass band sections performing. The Summer Fayre raised over £1,250, of which £685 was profit from the Grand Draw.
The band would like to thank all the local businesses that donated prizes to the draw, or contributed through advertising in our lucky programme.
Members of the band appreciate the great support that we get from the community.
You may also want to watch:
The money enables the band to provide instruments and music to would-be brass players, young and old.
All four sections of the band performed a wide range of music to a very large, very appreciative audience.
- 1 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 3 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 4 New Starbucks drive thru set to open in Ipswich
- 5 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 6 Man charged with assault after police officer punched in the face
- 7 Get lost in two sunflower mazes at this Suffolk farm
- 8 Suspect in Victoria Hall murder case still being questioned by police
- 9 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 10 Go-ahead secured for new hotel near Ipswich Town ground
During the evening there was an award ceremony, where player's achievements were acknowledged by the bandleaders.
The award for most improved player in beginners went to Chris Beale with Katie King as runner up. James Brown got the Preliminary award, with Laura Fuller runner up. The Intermediate award went to Jonathan Gardiner and runner up Sarah Lodge. Michael Ixer won the Main Band section with Simon Chalklen as runner up. Bandsperson of the year was awarded to Siobhan Eyley.