Martlesham Brass band fayre and medals
MARTLESHAM Brass Band held its Summer Fayre at St Michael's Church Centre, Martlesham Heath.It was a fun-filled afternoon with all four of our brass band sections performing.
MARTLESHAM Brass Band held its Summer Fayre at St Michael's Church Centre, Martlesham Heath.
It was a fun-filled afternoon with all four of our brass band sections performing. The Summer Fayre raised over £1,250, of which £685 was profit from the Grand Draw.
The band would like to thank all the local businesses that donated prizes to the draw, or contributed through advertising in our lucky programme.
Members of the band appreciate the great support that we get from the community.
You may also want to watch:
The money enables the band to provide instruments and music to would-be brass players, young and old.
All four sections of the band performed a wide range of music to a very large, very appreciative audience.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: See the three men locked up this week
- 5 Kesgrave Kitchen praised by local MP after 'fantastic' transformation
- 6 Man to face trial over claims he sexually assaulted toddler in the street
- 7 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 8 Man accused of burgling GP surgeries and pharmacy appears in court
- 9 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 10 Stroke survivor cut off from family in lockdown returns home
During the evening there was an award ceremony, where player's achievements were acknowledged by the bandleaders.
The award for most improved player in beginners went to Chris Beale with Katie King as runner up. James Brown got the Preliminary award, with Laura Fuller runner up. The Intermediate award went to Jonathan Gardiner and runner up Sarah Lodge. Michael Ixer won the Main Band section with Simon Chalklen as runner up. Bandsperson of the year was awarded to Siobhan Eyley.