Martlesham Heath/Tunstall: Man charged with murder of Jane Bartholomew appears in court
A Suffolk man has appeared in court charged with the murder of a 39-year-old woman.
Scott Ellis, 42, of Tunstall Green, Tunstall, near Woodbridge, was charged on Saturday with the murder of Jane Bartholomew.
She was found dead at her home in Lark Rise, Martlesham Heath, by police shortly before 9pm on Friday.
Ellis is set to appear at a hearing at Ipswich Crown Court this afternoon after confirming his name, age and address at a hearing at South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court in Ipswich this morning.
Police investigating the murder said a post mortem examination confirmed that Ms Bartholomew died as a result of significant head injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Ellis was remanded in custody before his appearance at Ipswich Crown Court later today.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 3 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 4 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 5 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 8 Daughter pays tribute to keen sailor with 'contagious energy'
- 9 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 10 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15