Martlesham pub gives free meals to Macmillan Cancer Support professionals
- Credit: Archant
A Martlesham pub is offering Macmillan professionals a free meal throughout January.
The Red Lion Chef & Brewer pub restaurant is inviting all Macmillan professionals to enjoy a free meal to thank them for their hard work over the festive period.
The pub which has a national partnership with Macmillan Cancer Support will supply the professionals with a free meal until January 31.
Robert Lusher, general manager at the Red Lion said: “The care and support that Macmillan professionals provide makes such a difference in the local community, which is why we want to reward Macmillan professionals in Martlesham by giving them a free meal so they have the chance to continue enjoying Christmas into January.”
In order to receive a free meal Macmillan staff will need to fill out the online form here which will generate a voucher code.
Rachel Gascoigne, senior partnership manager at Macmillan Cancer Support, said: “Macmillan nurses and professionals work extremely hard every hour of every day regardless of Christmas to support people with cancer.
You may also want to watch:
“The free meal from Chef & Brewer is a wonderful gesture to thank them for their work over the festive period.”
Greene King, who owns The Red Lion Chef & Brewer pub restaurant, is working in partnership with Macmillan Cancer Support to help raise vital funds to help Macmillan support people living with cancer.
- 1 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 2 First look at plans for new Ipswich BMX track ahead of big build
- 3 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 4 Plans for new Waterfront restaurant and bar receive over 50 objections
- 5 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 6 Shoplifter who stole conditioner and washing up goods caught on CCTV
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 10 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
The free meals are just one of a number of activities that the Red Lion will be doing this year to support the charity.
Since 2012, Greene King team members and guests have raised over £3.6million through the charity partnership with Macmillan.
They have raised funds from doing various activities such as taking part in the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning, running the London Marathon, and jumping out of planes.