Martlesham pub gives free meals to Macmillan Cancer Support professionals
- Credit: Archant
A Martlesham pub is offering Macmillan professionals a free meal throughout January.
The Red Lion Chef & Brewer pub restaurant is inviting all Macmillan professionals to enjoy a free meal to thank them for their hard work over the festive period.
The pub which has a national partnership with Macmillan Cancer Support will supply the professionals with a free meal until January 31.
Robert Lusher, general manager at the Red Lion said: “The care and support that Macmillan professionals provide makes such a difference in the local community, which is why we want to reward Macmillan professionals in Martlesham by giving them a free meal so they have the chance to continue enjoying Christmas into January.”
In order to receive a free meal Macmillan staff will need to fill out the online form here which will generate a voucher code.
Rachel Gascoigne, senior partnership manager at Macmillan Cancer Support, said: “Macmillan nurses and professionals work extremely hard every hour of every day regardless of Christmas to support people with cancer.
You may also want to watch:
“The free meal from Chef & Brewer is a wonderful gesture to thank them for their work over the festive period.”
Greene King, who owns The Red Lion Chef & Brewer pub restaurant, is working in partnership with Macmillan Cancer Support to help raise vital funds to help Macmillan support people living with cancer.
- 1 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
The free meals are just one of a number of activities that the Red Lion will be doing this year to support the charity.
Since 2012, Greene King team members and guests have raised over £3.6million through the charity partnership with Macmillan.
They have raised funds from doing various activities such as taking part in the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning, running the London Marathon, and jumping out of planes.