Massive Blue Cross protest gearing up
Supporters of the town's Blue Cross are to be invited to join a huge protest - a chance to show charity chiefs what they think of their closure proposals.
FELIXSTOWE: Supporters of the town's Blue Cross are to be invited to join a huge protest - a chance to show charity chiefs what they think of their closure proposals.
Opposition to the move to shut the animal shelter in Walton High Street is growing steadily every day with more and more people signing up to the Evening Star campaign.
More than 1,200 people have put their name to petitions already - and today we print our new campaign petition form for people to cut out and use to gather signatures from family and friends.
You may also want to watch:
Shops, vets and other offices around the Felixstowe and Ipswich area will have the petition forms this week.
The protest being planned - the date will be announced as soon as it is fixed - will involve supporters holding up 400 placards and banners, one each for the 400 pets the centre re-homed last year, a dramatic illustration of its crucial work with homeless animals.
- 1 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 2 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 3 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 6 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 7 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 8 Future of Swarovski in Buttermarket not crystal clear
- 9 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out
- 10 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
People who gave those cats and dogs new homes, a fresh chance in life, will be invited to join in and bring photos of their pets. Many are expected to bring along their animals.
It is hoped the event will take place in the town centre - and also provide an opportunity for people to sign the petition.
Details of the protest are currently being finalised and will be published as soon as all the arrangements are in place
Add your voice to the campaign - let us know your views on the Blue Cross closure proposals by writing to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or comment on-line at www.eveningstar.co.uk
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Sign The Evening Star Save Our Blue Cross petition today - you can use the form on this page to get friends, family and neighbours to pledge their support, and also download further copies from our website www.eveningstar.co.uk
You can also sign the petition on-line and leave your comments about the closure proposal.
Display a poster in your window - collect one from The Evening Star's Ipswich and Felixstowe offices or download from the website.
Write to Blue Cross chief executive Kim Hamilton at Blue Cross head office, Shilton Road, Burford, Oxon OX18 4PF.