Mayor recovers at home
IPSWICH mayor Henry Davies is today back home after a spell of illness saw him admitted to hospital.Mr Davies was taken ill earlier this month and has spent more than two weeks in hospital.
IPSWICH mayor Henry Davies is today back home after a spell of illness saw him admitted to hospital.
Mr Davies was taken ill earlier this month and has spent more than two weeks in hospital.
Today, he has issued a thank you to people who sent get well messages during his stays at Ipswich Hospital and Cambridge's Papworth Hospital.
As he looked at get well cards with his wife, Pauline, Mr Davies said: “I would like to acknowledge all the get well cards and good wishes sent to me by my family, friends, borough colleagues, organisations and members of the public during my recent hospitalisation.
“I am very touched and extremely grateful to all and would like to extend another personal thank you to the Evening Star for its concern.
“Now, after minor surgery at Papworth Hospital, I look forward to resuming my official duties as soon as possible.”
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 3 'Lovely to be acknowledged' - Ipswich craft shop pleased with bounce back
- 4 Man arrested after Ipswich train station incident released
- 5 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Court to decide how much swindler should repay customers
- 8 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 9 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 10 Yellow weather warning in place as Storm Barra set to hit Suffolk
Mr Davies was elected mayor in May last year, only the second Conservative mayor of the borough since 1979.
He has been a member of the borough council since 1988, initially for the old Broomhill ward and more recently representing Castle Hill.
His year in office is due to come to an end after May's local council elections.
His mayoral duties are currently being undertaken by deputy mayor Bill Wright while he is ill - Mr Wright took the chair at last night's council meeting at Endeavour House in Ipswich.