Mayor thanks fund supporters
IPSWICH mayor Henry Davies has thanked staff at two businesses for supporting the Somebody's Daughter memorial fund.Mr Davies and his wife Pauline took time out from their busy schedule to personally deliver special certificates to fundraisers at Warren Heath Sainsbury's petrol station and the Taste of India restaurant in Rushmere.
IPSWICH mayor Henry Davies has thanked staff at two businesses for supporting the Somebody's Daughter memorial fund.
Mr Davies and his wife Pauline took time out from their busy schedule to personally deliver special certificates to fundraisers at Warren Heath Sainsbury's petrol station and the Taste of India restaurant in Rushmere.
Petrol station staff collected more than £1,000 for the appeal in little more than a fortnight, while Taste of India has pledged to donate half of this week's takings.
Mr Davies said: “The Mayoress and I are right behind the Somebody's Daughter campaign and we are pleased to see Ipswich people are showing their support.”
You may also want to watch:
The Somebody's Daughter memorial fund, run in conjunction with Ipswich Borough Council, was created in the wake of the deaths of Gemma Adams, Tania Nicol, Anneli Alderton, Annette Nicholls and Paula Clennell.
The money raised will be used to help vulnerable young people in Ipswich.
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 3 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 4 Norwich Road closed after crash near BMW garage
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 7 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 8 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 9 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 10 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
N Donations to the Somebody's Daughter memorial fund can be online at www.eveningstar.co.uk/daughter, in person at Ipswich Borough Council's customer service centre in the Town Hall, by calling 01473 433777 and by cheques, made payable to Somebody's Daughter Memorial Fund, to PO Box 772, Ipswich Borough Council, Grafton House, 15-17 Russell Road, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 2DE