Felixstowe McDonald's drive thru expands capacity
- Credit: GOOGLE STREET VIEW
A Felixstowe fast-food drive thru which is causing traffic problems because of its popularity is taking action to deal with the issue.
The McDonald's restaurant and takeaway in Walton Avenue, at the entrance to the Haven Exchange business park, often sees queues from the Dock Gate One roundabout at the end of the A14 Port of Felixstowe Road and completely blocking the access road at peak times.
The company has now decided to expand its capacity on-site - so that it can deal with customers faster and more of them.
It has submitted plans to East Suffolk Council to reconfigure its drive thru queuing system and car park to create a second lane for people using the drive thru.
This will enable drivers to give their food and drink orders side by side before driving to the collection points to receive their food.
You may also want to watch:
In turn, this should allow more drivers to wait on site for their food, taking cars off the access road, and process customers more quickly.
- 1 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 2 Should buses be kept out of Ipswich's Upper Brook Street?
- 3 Ipswich teenage boy arrested over stabbing
- 4 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 5 Couple avoid jail for campaign of harassment against neighbour
- 6 Ipswich lorry drivers raise a glass as haulage firm launches in-house watering hole
- 7 Five of the best places to cure your hangover in Ipswich
- 8 Farmland 'years away' from development, says builder
- 9 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank