McDonald’s will turn cars away when hitting capacity after police called to ‘major’ queues
- Credit: Archant
McDonald’s drive-through restaurant in Ravenswood has reopened today having introduced new measures to control customer numbers after police were called over concerns about queueing traffic.
The Nacton Road site opened today at 11am and has introduced news measures including opening a second ordering point.
A spokeswoman for McDonald’s said: “There is a second ordering point so we can serve more customers at once and we will also be turning away cars when we hit our capacity.”
They have also introduced changes to make service safer for staff and customers including capping spend at drive-through sites at £25, payment by contactless methods, smaller teams of staff and a limited menu.
When the chain reopened yesterday queues of traffic stretched back to the Ravenswood roundabout between Nacton Road and Ransomes Way, causing delays of up to 40 minutes and eventually the police were called.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said: “Yesterday, Wednesday May 20, police received reports of long vehicle queues around Hening Avenue, Ipswich, near to the McDonald’s site.
“Officers attended and spoke to the restaurant managers who then took the decision to temporarily close.
- 1 Parents 'distraught' after teenage boy is violently assaulted in Chantry
- 2 Car catches fire outside Morrisons store in Ipswich
- 3 Man Tasered by police while armed with knife is jailed
- 4 Video captures car engulfed by inferno of flames in Morrisons car park
- 5 Touching tributes paid to 'kind-hearted' Ipswich council worker of 25 years
- 6 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 7 Driver taken to hospital after BMW ploughs into tree
- 8 Council investigating 'frustrating' Ipswich hum bothering residents
- 9 Could a change in bus services help keep passengers moving post-Covid?
- 10 Plans to convert pub into takeaway refused
“Police continue to work with businesses to minimise traffic issues and any impact on the public.”
McDonalds has now reopened all of the McDonald’s drive-through facilities in Ipswich, including Whitehouse, Ranelagh Road, Ravenswood and Cardinal Park.