Memorial for murdered pensioner
A TREE is to be planted in the village of Capel St Mary in memory of the murdered pensioner Joan Albert.Brian Salmon, chairman of the Capel St Mary Community Association, said the village's Community Trust wanted to do something to mark her passing.
A TREE is to be planted in the village of Capel St Mary in memory of the murdered pensioner Joan Albert.
Brian Salmon, chairman of the Capel St Mary Community Association, said the village's Community Trust wanted to do something to mark her passing.
The 79-year-old was discovered with multiple stab wounds in her home, in Boydlands, on December 16, last year.
A murder incident room and hotline number were set up, headed by Detective Superintendent Roy Lambert and house-to-house inquiries conducted in the village.
You may also want to watch:
More recently a further appeal for information was sent out to residents living in outer-lying areas of the village in the form of a personal letter from Mr Lambert.
Police spokesman Simon Stevens said the letter had generated more than ten responses, on top of the 1,000 or so pieces of information already collected by the inquiry.
- 1 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 2 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 3 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 4 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 5 Work to start on 150 new Ipswich council homes next year
- 6 Family concerned after 15-year-old girl reported missing from Ipswich
- 7 New homes and dormitory block planned for Ipswich school site
- 8 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 9 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
- 10 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
An extra member of staff has been drafted into the inquiry to help.
He said: "It shows that there are people out there who were about in Capel at the time or have information for us, so we are still appealing for people to come forward."
But police have drawn a blank in their efforts to trace the driver of a small white pickup truck seen in the village hall car park in the early hours of December 16, before Mrs Albert's body was found.
Anyone with any information can call the incident room on 01473 613777, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111, or e-mail: email@example.com