Memorial for murdered pensioner
A TREE is to be planted in the village of Capel St Mary in memory of the murdered pensioner Joan Albert.Brian Salmon, chairman of the Capel St Mary Community Association, said the village's Community Trust wanted to do something to mark her passing.
A TREE is to be planted in the village of Capel St Mary in memory of the murdered pensioner Joan Albert.
Brian Salmon, chairman of the Capel St Mary Community Association, said the village's Community Trust wanted to do something to mark her passing.
The 79-year-old was discovered with multiple stab wounds in her home, in Boydlands, on December 16, last year.
A murder incident room and hotline number were set up, headed by Detective Superintendent Roy Lambert and house-to-house inquiries conducted in the village.
You may also want to watch:
More recently a further appeal for information was sent out to residents living in outer-lying areas of the village in the form of a personal letter from Mr Lambert.
Police spokesman Simon Stevens said the letter had generated more than ten responses, on top of the 1,000 or so pieces of information already collected by the inquiry.
- 1 Woman threatened to expose lorry driver's sexual relationship
- 2 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 3 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 4 What happened to Luke Durbin? Mum's renewed appeal 15 years after teenager vanished in Ipswich
- 5 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 Community left heartbroken by loss of mum Jessica
- 8 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 9 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 10 Suffolk man buys rare Mini built to mark Queen's Silver Jubilee for £10k
An extra member of staff has been drafted into the inquiry to help.
He said: "It shows that there are people out there who were about in Capel at the time or have information for us, so we are still appealing for people to come forward."
But police have drawn a blank in their efforts to trace the driver of a small white pickup truck seen in the village hall car park in the early hours of December 16, before Mrs Albert's body was found.
Anyone with any information can call the incident room on 01473 613777, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org