The rain came down on Ipswich Music Day in 2000
- Credit: Archant
It was the year 2000 and music fans were gathered for one of the top events of the summer - Ipswich Music Day.
It was a wet and dreary day at Christchurch Park as it hosted the annual festival - as our photos show.
Thousands of people descended on the park as rain poured down, but it was going to take more than a spot of rain to dampen the spirits of the town’s music fans.
Now in its 28th year, Music Day is the largest free one-day music festival in the UK with live music, rides, children’s games and food to enjoy.
The event boasts six stages featuring a selection of the brightest local unsigned artists found in East Anglia playing music from arrange of genres.
You may also want to watch:
Last summer 35,000 festival-goers gathered at Christchurch Park for Ipswich Music Day and a similar crowd is expected on Sunday, July 1 for the 2018 festival.
Did you attend Music Day in 2000 or do you recognise anyone pictured in this gallery? Share your memories with us, send an email here
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 4 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 5 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 7 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 Ed Sheeran self-isolating after testing positive for Covid