Memories of Ipswich’s Christchurch Park - a great place to enjoy all seasons
- Credit: Archant
Come rain or shine, snow or sleet, Christchurch Park in the heart of Ipswich town centre has remained a popular place to relax and unwind or socialise with friends.
With the longer spring days and summer just around the corner, we can expect to see hundreds of people heading to its grounds to take advantage of lazy lunchbreaks in the sunshine, family sport activities and picnics aplenty.
But the park is busy all year round, and is known to attract large crowds of children with sledges and toboggans in tow after a spot of snowfall.
It has even been known to host sponsored space hopper races and, of course, countless fun days and classic motor chows.
Here we have just a snapshot of some of the activities that have been held at Christchurch Park over the years.
Do you recognise yourself in these pictures?
To share your memories of Christchurch Park with us, email us here.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 5 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 6 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 7 Lorry overturns on A14 roundabout in Felixstowe
- 8 5 roadworks in Suffolk for motorists to avoid this week
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 10 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary