A look back at lost Ipswich pub the Spotted Cow
- Credit: Archant
The Spotted Cow is one of the many pubs that has closed its doors in Ipswich we take a look back at pictures from the popular pub - can you see anyone you know?
We have delved into our archives once again – this time unearthing pictures from a night at the former Ipswich pub which once stood in Bramford.
Opened in the late 20th century, the pub was originally a farm house, before it was converted to a beer house in early 1860s, and stood proudly in the community for decades.
The pub also traded with the names of Slones and Iron Horse.
It closed its doors for the final time in 1999 and was demolished for a new housing development.
You may also want to watch:
Were you a regular punter at the pub in the 1970s? Can you spot yourself or anyone you know in these pictures from our archives?
To share your pictures and memories with us, or to reveal the names of someone in the pictures, email
- 1 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood