Days Gone By: Memories from Waveney Hotel pub on a night in 1974
Are you pictured in this gallery from a night at Waveney Hotel pub in Ipswich over 40 years ago?
These pictures taken at the Waveney Hotel pub in Ipswich back in 1974 will evoke fond memories for many.
Built as one of the “Tolly follies” and opened in 1930s this picture gallery shows the many punters who frequented it in 1974, revealing just how popular it was back in its heyday!
These large new pubs were built by Tollemache brewery as the town rapidly expanded, before the brewery was subsequently merged with Cobbold in 1958-59.
Situated in Bramford, it once stood proudly in the community as the pub was closed 1994, but was run as a private club called Churchill’s until 2004. It was demolished in August 2007 for a new low cost housing project.
You may also want to watch:
Were you a regular punter at the pub in the 1970s? Can you spot yourself or anyone you know in these pictures from our archives?
To reveal the names of someone in the photos, or to share your memories of the Arboretum, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 5 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned
- 10 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store