Men bailed after firearm arrests
FOUR men arrested in Ipswich on suspicion of committing firearm offences have been released on bail.The three 23-year-olds and a 22-year-old, all from Ipswich, were held by police after they were arrested in Wherstead Road at about 9.30pm on Wednesday.
FOUR men arrested in Ipswich on suspicion of committing firearm offences have been released on bail.
The three 23-year-olds and a 22-year-old, all from Ipswich, were held by police after they were arrested in Wherstead Road at about 9.30pm on Wednesday.
Police had been called to reports of a dispute and the men were arrested a short time later in Rectory Road.
Following the arrests a Suffolk police spokesman said the men were held on suspicion of possession of a firearm with intent to cause fear or violence.
They were questioned at Ipswich police station but have now been bailed to return to the station on September 26 while investigations continue.
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 3 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 4 Dog rescued from flat fire
- 5 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 7 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 8 A14 closed overnight as lorry overturns in multi-vehicle pile up
- 9 'Vile violation of trust' - son hits out after carer stole £1,700 from mum
- 10 Politicians make Ipswich a third division town