Men bailed following firearms incident
- Credit: Archant
Two men arrested in connection with a firearms incident in Ipswich have been released on bail.
Officers were called at 1.15am on Thursday, April 14, by a member of the public who reported that his property in Stoke Street had been broken into.
The victim claims he was awoken by the sound of banging, and saw two men kick in the front door and shoot a gun at the entrance to the property.
No one was harmed during this incident and the offenders immediately left the scene.
Police investigations subsequently found evidence that a firearm was discharged at the scene.
On Friday, A 48-year-old man from Clacton-on-Sea and a 28-year-old man from Liverpool were arrested on suspicion of attempted murder in connection with the incident.
They were taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning and have been released on bail until Monday, June 27 pending further enquiries.
- 1 How to get a free pint at a Suffolk pub if you have one of 23 surnames
- 2 Six Suffolk curry houses named among best in England
- 3 Masked man 'snatched' bag from woman in Ipswich alleyway
- 4 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 5 Woman taken to hospital after crash involving pedestrian
- 6 Man, 26, who distributed indecent images of children avoids prison
- 7 Suspected right-wing terrorist arrested in Ipswich by Met Police
- 8 Rail strike announced over Latitude Festival weekend
- 9 New restaurant could be coming to the Waterfront, but theatre plans dropped
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after stabbing is remanded in custody
Anyone who saw or heard anything at the time of this incident, or who has any information relating to it can call the Major Investigation Team on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.