Men robbed in Norwich Road and Burlington Road in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Two men, aged in their 30s and 70s, have been robbed in the street in Ipswich within the last week. Police are exploring the possibility the incidents may be linked.
The first occurred in Norwich Road when a man in his 30s was walking home at around 2.40am on Sunday, June 18.
He was approached by two men who assaulted him, knocking him to the ground before snatching a gold chain from around his neck. The offenders then left, leaving the victim on the ground.
One of the offenders is described as in his 20s, with a tanned complexion with dark hair and a dark beard and was wearing a white T-shirt and dark trousers.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call Suffolk police on 101, quoting crime number 42397/17.
The second robbery happened in Burlington Road at around 12.30am on Tuesday, June 20. A man in his 70s was walking home when he was grabbed and a man demanded he hand over his wallet.
The suspect grabbed the victim’s wallet, containing a quantity of cash, from his pocket before running off in the direction of London Road.
- 1 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 2 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 3 Calls to crush and seize cars to tackle ongoing anti-social behaviour
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer found with 30 bags of cocaine jailed
- 5 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 6 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 7 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 8 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 9 24-year-old man banned from driving for three years
- 10 Two cars have windows smashed in same Ipswich residential street
The suspect is described as in his 20s, with a tanned complexion, dark hair and a goatee-style beard, who was wearing a light-coloured top and light coloured below-the-knee shorts.
Detectives investigating the robbery are asking anyone who may have been in the area around this time, or anyone who may have seen the offender, to come forward. If you saw anything or have any information that may assist in identifying the suspect please call Ipswich CID by calling Suffolk police on 101, quoting crime number 42828/17.
Alternatively, if you have any information about either incident, you can call Crimestoppers, anonymously if required, on 0800 555 111.