Men robbed in Norwich Road and Burlington Road in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Two men, aged in their 30s and 70s, have been robbed in the street in Ipswich within the last week. Police are exploring the possibility the incidents may be linked.
The first occurred in Norwich Road when a man in his 30s was walking home at around 2.40am on Sunday, June 18.
He was approached by two men who assaulted him, knocking him to the ground before snatching a gold chain from around his neck. The offenders then left, leaving the victim on the ground.
One of the offenders is described as in his 20s, with a tanned complexion with dark hair and a dark beard and was wearing a white T-shirt and dark trousers.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call Suffolk police on 101, quoting crime number 42397/17.
You may also want to watch:
The second robbery happened in Burlington Road at around 12.30am on Tuesday, June 20. A man in his 70s was walking home when he was grabbed and a man demanded he hand over his wallet.
The suspect grabbed the victim’s wallet, containing a quantity of cash, from his pocket before running off in the direction of London Road.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 4 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 9 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 10 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers
The suspect is described as in his 20s, with a tanned complexion, dark hair and a goatee-style beard, who was wearing a light-coloured top and light coloured below-the-knee shorts.
Detectives investigating the robbery are asking anyone who may have been in the area around this time, or anyone who may have seen the offender, to come forward. If you saw anything or have any information that may assist in identifying the suspect please call Ipswich CID by calling Suffolk police on 101, quoting crime number 42828/17.
Alternatively, if you have any information about either incident, you can call Crimestoppers, anonymously if required, on 0800 555 111.