A taste of India is coming to Ipswich Farmers’ Market
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers will be given the opportunity to try an authentic Indian buffet when the Ipswich Farmers’ Market returns to the Cornhill next week.
Firm foodie favourites are making an appearance again including seafood from Mid Suffolk Smokehouse, breads from the Cake Shop team in Woodbridge and pastries from Alex's Artisan Bakery.
But when the market returns on June 2, these stalls will be joined by a new venture - Mena's Indian Banquet.
Mena Boughey has been cooking traditional Indian cuisine for more than 30 years, and has been serving her Indian food at farmers' markets around Suffolk and Essex since 2006.
Her stall will sell a range of vegan starters, curries, rice and spice packs for customers to rustle up in the comfort of their home.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "I love to share my experience by handcrafting packs of mixed spices prepared using authentic Indian ingredients learnt from my Punjabi upbringing."
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Flooding expected near Ipswich Waterfront