Ipswich man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- Credit: Archant
A man who was arrested on suspicion of murder after the death of a woman in Ipswich has been released on bail.
Police were called to an address in Meridian Rise in the town yesterday (Saturday, December 1) following a call from paramedics at 8.20am who had found a deceased woman, aged in her 40s, in the property.
Her death is currently being treated as suspicious.
The man, who is also in his 40s, was arrested on suspicion of murder and taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
He has been released on bail until Friday, December 28 pending further enquires.
You may also want to watch:
A Home Office post mortem examination on the body is also due to be carried out early this afternoon to establish the cause of death.
A police cordon is likely to remain in place at the property today whilst officers continue their investigations.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 4 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 7 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 10 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
Anyone who has any information in relation to this incident or heard or saw any suspicious activity is asked to contact Suffolk Constabulary on 101, quoting CAD number 77 of December 1 2018.