Ipswich man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- Credit: Archant
A man who was arrested on suspicion of murder after the death of a woman in Ipswich has been released on bail.
Police were called to an address in Meridian Rise in the town yesterday (Saturday, December 1) following a call from paramedics at 8.20am who had found a deceased woman, aged in her 40s, in the property.
Her death is currently being treated as suspicious.
The man, who is also in his 40s, was arrested on suspicion of murder and taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
He has been released on bail until Friday, December 28 pending further enquires.
You may also want to watch:
A Home Office post mortem examination on the body is also due to be carried out early this afternoon to establish the cause of death.
A police cordon is likely to remain in place at the property today whilst officers continue their investigations.
- 1 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 4 First look at plans for new Ipswich BMX track ahead of big build
- 5 WATCH: Former policeman given blue light salute during 24-hour marathon
- 6 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 7 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 10 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
Anyone who has any information in relation to this incident or heard or saw any suspicious activity is asked to contact Suffolk Constabulary on 101, quoting CAD number 77 of December 1 2018.