MICK’S THE MAN: Show your support for Ipswich Town’s new manager
AFTER days of debate, it has officially been confirmed that Mick McCarthy has been chosen to lead the Blues to brighter days.
Town are currently floundering at the bottom of the table and now McCarthy and right hand man Terry Connor will start the task of turning the season around.
Mark Heath, Head of Sport at the Ipswich Star said: “It’s vital that Town fans across the country and beyond unite behind the boys in Blue in their battle to move up the table, starting with their trip to Birmingham on Saturday.”
Have your say on the latest developments at Portman Road by joining our web chat, live at 1pm - follow link above right.
Or visit our message page and leave your message of support for Mick McCarthy and the team.
You may also want to watch:
- Live coverage from the press conference at 5pm this afternoon.
- 1 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 2 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home