Mild Christmas still on the cards
DOOR number two should be open on your Advent calendar by now – but the weather is far from festive.Yes December is here and there's only a little over three weeks until Christmas Day, but temperatures are still in double figures.
DOOR number two should be open on your Advent calendar by now – but the weather is far from festive.
Yes December is here and there's only a little over three weeks until Christmas Day, but temperatures are still in double figures.
Robins may be building nests and Santa may be polishing up his sleigh, but the chances of building a snowman this week in Suffolk this week look pretty slim.
Today the high is an extremely mild 10C (50F) – it's warmer in Ipswich today than in parts of Italy.
You may also want to watch:
And the warm weather is set to continue with a high of 10C forecast for the Ipswich area for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
There is a suggestion that colder weather may be on the way at the weekend – but it will be dry and frosty, not snowy.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 3 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 4 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 5 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 6 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 7 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 8 Bicycle stolen from parked car in Ipswich
- 9 Pub bosses hope for 'return to normality' as Covid cases fall in Ipswich
- 10 Hail, thunder and gusty winds forecast for Suffolk
And forecasters brave enough to look ahead three weeks see little chance of a White Christmas in Suffolk.
Tomorrow the temperature is expected to dip to 8C (46F).