Mild Christmas still on the cards
DOOR number two should be open on your Advent calendar by now – but the weather is far from festive.Yes December is here and there's only a little over three weeks until Christmas Day, but temperatures are still in double figures.
DOOR number two should be open on your Advent calendar by now – but the weather is far from festive.
Yes December is here and there's only a little over three weeks until Christmas Day, but temperatures are still in double figures.
Robins may be building nests and Santa may be polishing up his sleigh, but the chances of building a snowman this week in Suffolk this week look pretty slim.
Today the high is an extremely mild 10C (50F) – it's warmer in Ipswich today than in parts of Italy.
You may also want to watch:
And the warm weather is set to continue with a high of 10C forecast for the Ipswich area for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
There is a suggestion that colder weather may be on the way at the weekend – but it will be dry and frosty, not snowy.
- 1 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 2 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 3 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 4 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 5 Big Hoot revealed as latest Ipswich art trail for 2022
- 6 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 7 Developers seek views on plans for 150 homes on farmland
- 8 'They saved a life' - neighbour praises firefighters in Ipswich house blaze
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors
And forecasters brave enough to look ahead three weeks see little chance of a White Christmas in Suffolk.
Tomorrow the temperature is expected to dip to 8C (46F).