Milder weather on the way but low cloud makes for murky outlook
- Credit: Mick Webb
Forecasters predict milder weather for Sunday but low cloud will obscure much chance of sunshine until tomorrow.
Rain is expected to spread across the region later today but will gradually die out into the evening.
The Met Office warned that some untreated roads, pavements and cycle paths may remain icy this morning – meaning an increased chance of slips and falls following an overnight thaw.
A touch of frost remains possible under clear spells tonight and temperatures could get close to average for the time of year tomorrow.
The coming week looks even milder but periods of low cloud and fog are likely, with some brighter intervals, spells of rain, and overnight frosts and icy patches remaining possible.
You may also want to watch:
Driving conditions on Suffolk’s roads are said to have improved but pavements could still pose a hazard to those on foot.
- 1 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 2 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 3 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 4 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 5 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 6 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 7 Norwich Road closed after crash near BMW garage
- 8 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 9 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 10 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich