Millions raised for Children in Need
A MASSIVE £19million was raised for Children in Need during yesterday's fundraising extravaganza, it was revealed today.The 28th annual televised fundraiser, hosted by Terry Wogan, raised £19,089,771, which will go towards helping disadvantaged children in the UK.
A MASSIVE £19million was raised for Children in Need during yesterday's fundraising extravaganza, it was revealed today.
The 28th annual televised fundraiser, hosted by Terry Wogan, raised £19,089,771, which will go towards helping disadvantaged children in the UK.
The seven-hour programme featured a range of songs and sketches from some of the UK's most famous faces.
The Spice Girls made a much-anticipated live appearance, singing on UK television for the first time since they reunited earlier this year.
The group performed the official Children in Need single, Headlines (Friendship Never Ends) as well as 1998 release Stop, ahead of their forthcoming world reunion tour.
The BBC newsreaders also performed a hit from the West End musical Chicago.
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 'This is all I've got' - Woman fighting to keep home where mum died
- 3 Teen taken to hospital with serious injuries after Ipswich crash
- 4 Cocaine dealers involved in 'Bash' drugs line in Suffolk are jailed
- 5 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
- 6 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 7 Five forgotten Ipswich music venues and what they are now
- 8 Felixstowe man to star on small screen with converted Mini Cooper
- 9 Woman bit dog owner during dispute over not picking up mess
- 10 Search for new Post Office in east Ipswich
Last year's Children in Need event raised £18.3million on the night it was broadcast, and more than £33million in total.