Minibus driver banned over woman's death
A MINIBUS driver has been banned from driving for six months on charges relating to an accident that killed a woman on a Suffolk road.Robert Chapman, 26, of Oakmead Road, Point Clear, St Osyth, in Essex, was fined £75 and ordered to pay £40 court costs.
A MINIBUS driver has been banned from driving for six months on charges relating to an accident that killed a woman on a Suffolk road.
Robert Chapman, 26, of Oakmead Road, Point Clear, St Osyth, in Essex, was fined £75 and ordered to pay £40 court costs.
Samantha Hoe, 22, of Belle Vue Road, Wivenhoe, was killed in the crash on Monday, July 8 last year.
South East Suffolk Magistrates Court heard how Chapman had just started working for Helping Hands Recruitment Company the previous day.
You may also want to watch:
He stopped at Bury because of a fuel leak and his employers told him to abandon his journey and return to Clacton.
In the near side lane of the A12 near Stratford St Mary, at a left hand bend the vehicle veered left and Chapman lost control.
- 1 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 2 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 3 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 4 Person taken to hospital after collision in Sainsbury's car park in Ipswich
- 5 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 6 New special school planned for former BT site
- 7 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 8 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 9 Rolling road block put in place on A14 after concerns for safety
- 10 New home developments boost Ipswich's 'connected town' ambition
Samantha Hoe was thrown from her seat and the vehicle later landed on top of her. She died from serious head injuries at Colchester General Hospital.No other person in the mini bus was injured.
The court heard how Chapman, who admitted a charge of careless driving, had not driven since the accident but had five points already on his license from a previous dangerous driving case.