Minibus driver banned over woman's death
A MINIBUS driver has been banned from driving for six months on charges relating to an accident that killed a woman on a Suffolk road.Robert Chapman, 26, of Oakmead Road, Point Clear, St Osyth, in Essex, was fined £75 and ordered to pay £40 court costs.
A MINIBUS driver has been banned from driving for six months on charges relating to an accident that killed a woman on a Suffolk road.
Robert Chapman, 26, of Oakmead Road, Point Clear, St Osyth, in Essex, was fined £75 and ordered to pay £40 court costs.
Samantha Hoe, 22, of Belle Vue Road, Wivenhoe, was killed in the crash on Monday, July 8 last year.
South East Suffolk Magistrates Court heard how Chapman had just started working for Helping Hands Recruitment Company the previous day.
He stopped at Bury because of a fuel leak and his employers told him to abandon his journey and return to Clacton.
In the near side lane of the A12 near Stratford St Mary, at a left hand bend the vehicle veered left and Chapman lost control.
- 1 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 2 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 3 Police 'concerned' for missing 15-year-old who was last seen a week ago
- 4 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 5 Man who left taxi driver with serious head injuries admits attack
- 6 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 7 When will my bins be collected this Christmas?
- 8 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 9 Being called ‘woke’ by older people an ‘insult’ says Suffolk students
- 10 New base for Ipswich bin collection, recycling and street cleaning teams
Samantha Hoe was thrown from her seat and the vehicle later landed on top of her. She died from serious head injuries at Colchester General Hospital.No other person in the mini bus was injured.
The court heard how Chapman, who admitted a charge of careless driving, had not driven since the accident but had five points already on his license from a previous dangerous driving case.