Missing man's home spattered with blood
DETECTIVES are today investigating the possibility Ipswich man Ian Halls' body may have been dismembered.Officers are believed to be searching six sites in Suffolk in a bid to find his remains.
By Colin Adwent
DETECTIVES are today investigating the possibility Ipswich man Ian Halls' body may have been dismembered.
Officers are believed to be searching six sites in a bid to find his remains.
The 63-year-old was reported missing towards the end of January by his stepsister Diana Doyle, from London, whom he kept in touch with via e-mail and telephone calls.
You may also want to watch:
Subsequent inquiries have led to the belief that Mr Halls, who lived alone at his home in Tower Mill Road, has been killed.
When officers searched his home they found blood spattered throughout the house.
- 1 Woman threatened to expose lorry driver's sexual relationship
- 2 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 3 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 4 What happened to Luke Durbin? Mum's renewed appeal 15 years after teenager vanished in Ipswich
- 5 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 Community left heartbroken by loss of mum Jessica
- 8 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 9 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 10 Suffolk man buys rare Mini built to mark Queen's Silver Jubilee for £10k
Mr Halls' nephew, Michael Harvey, 49, of North Down Avenue, Manchester appeared before Ipswich magistrates today charged with his uncle's murder.
A 56-year-old man, also from Manchester, remained in custody at Ipswich police station today.
FULL STORY AND COURT REPORT IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR