Mix-up as Liz pays for neighbour's gas
GAS board bunglers left a woman all steamed up after discovering she was paying to heat a neighbour's home.The meter mix-up was anything but a gas for Elizabeth Harvey, who spent 18 months ploughing £900 into the wrong box.
GAS board bunglers left a woman all steamed up after discovering she was paying to heat a neighbour's home.
The meter mix-up was anything but a gas for Elizabeth Harvey, who spent 18 months ploughing £900 into the wrong box.
British Gas then made her even more hot under the collar when officials said she might be hit with the bill from her own flat.
The bungle only emerged when the pre-paid card Mrs Harvey used to power the meter at her flat in Pleasant Row, Ipswich, started playing up.
You may also want to watch:
Card after card was issued to solve the problem, but after a lot of hot air it emerged many meters at the flats had been wrongly labelled.
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR
- 1 Woman threatened to expose lorry driver's sexual relationship
- 2 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 3 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 4 What happened to Luke Durbin? Mum's renewed appeal 15 years after teenager vanished in Ipswich
- 5 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 Community left heartbroken by loss of mum Jessica
- 8 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 9 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 10 Suffolk man buys rare Mini built to mark Queen's Silver Jubilee for £10k