Mix-up as Liz pays for neighbour's gas
GAS board bunglers left a woman all steamed up after discovering she was paying to heat a neighbour's home.The meter mix-up was anything but a gas for Elizabeth Harvey, who spent 18 months ploughing £900 into the wrong box.
GAS board bunglers left a woman all steamed up after discovering she was paying to heat a neighbour's home.
The meter mix-up was anything but a gas for Elizabeth Harvey, who spent 18 months ploughing £900 into the wrong box.
British Gas then made her even more hot under the collar when officials said she might be hit with the bill from her own flat.
The bungle only emerged when the pre-paid card Mrs Harvey used to power the meter at her flat in Pleasant Row, Ipswich, started playing up.
Card after card was issued to solve the problem, but after a lot of hot air it emerged many meters at the flats had been wrongly labelled.
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR
- 1 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 2 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 3 Ipswich School named among the best in the region
- 4 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 5 Plans submitted to turn special measures care home into hotel
- 6 Illegal immigrant caught running cannabis factory is jailed
- 7 Rudolph starts his run - when is he coming to your Ipswich street?
- 8 Four charged over alleged samurai sword attack
- 9 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
- 10 Ipswich pubs offer cash reward to see spiking conviction