Mix-up as Liz pays for neighbour's gas
GAS board bunglers left a woman all steamed up after discovering she was paying to heat a neighbour's home.The meter mix-up was anything but a gas for Elizabeth Harvey, who spent 18 months ploughing £900 into the wrong box.
GAS board bunglers left a woman all steamed up after discovering she was paying to heat a neighbour's home.
The meter mix-up was anything but a gas for Elizabeth Harvey, who spent 18 months ploughing £900 into the wrong box.
British Gas then made her even more hot under the collar when officials said she might be hit with the bill from her own flat.
The bungle only emerged when the pre-paid card Mrs Harvey used to power the meter at her flat in Pleasant Row, Ipswich, started playing up.
You may also want to watch:
Card after card was issued to solve the problem, but after a lot of hot air it emerged many meters at the flats had been wrongly labelled.
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR
- 1 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 2 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 3 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 4 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 5 Work to start on 150 new Ipswich council homes next year
- 6 Family concerned after 15-year-old girl reported missing from Ipswich
- 7 New homes and dormitory block planned for Ipswich school site
- 8 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 9 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: Burglar, dangerous driver and drug dealer put behind bars