Men to face trial for alleged assaults against police officers
- Credit: Archant
The trial of two Ipswich men accused of assault is expected to take place next March.
Before Ipswich Crown Court on Tuesday (November 19) were Mohammed Chowdhury, 24, of Cotton Road, Ipswich, and Rhokib Miah, 22, of Avondale Road, Ipswich.
Chowdhury pleaded not guilty to two offences of assault by beating and assaulting a police officer on March 24 this year.
Miah denied assaulting two police officers on the same date.
The case was adjourned until February 13 for a further case management hearing and the men's trial, which is expected to last three to four days, will take place during a two week warned list commencing March 9.
You may also want to watch:
The defendants are on unconditional bail.
- 1 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 2 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 3 Opening date confirmed for new indoor market in Ipswich's former Peacocks
- 4 WATCH: England fan pulled out of water at Ipswich marina
- 5 £1.4m home with swimming pool and tennis court for sale on edge of Ipswich
- 6 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial: 'Good character cannot provide a defence'
- 8 Drug courier delivering cocaine in Ipswich is jailed
- 9 'Stressed' bride forced to cut guest list just over a week before wedding
- 10 302 complaints about dogs off lead in Christchurch Park