Money floods in to Sir Bobby's appeal
A MASSIVE £38,000 has been raised so far for the Sir Bobby Robson Jubilee Appeal.Money is still pouring in to boost the funds that are being raised to buy a ground breaking new piece of equipment.
A MASSIVE £38,000 has been raised so far for the Sir Bobby Robson Jubilee Appeal.
Money is still pouring in to boost the funds that are being raised to buy a ground breaking new piece of equipment.
Ipswich Hospital's League of Friends has been working tirelessly to raise the £55,000 needed to buy a equipment for reconstructive surgery to operate on people who have cancer in their face.
Another £1,000 has now helped to swell the appeal from Felixstowe company Stora Enso Transport and Distribution Limited.
You may also want to watch:
Dress down days, a bonus ball game and even a guess the baby competition all helped to raise the money.
Sir Bobby threw his weight behind the appeal after his life was saved by Consultant Huw Davies who diagnosed him with having cancer of the jaw in 1995.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 3 Woman threatened to expose lorry driver's sexual relationship
- 4 Developers offer first view of 75 new homes near Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich paedophile jailed for downloading indecent images of boys
- 6 New walking trail explores 'key role' Suffolk played in Anglo-Saxon history
- 7 'Teaching means the world' - school in Ipswich unveils new deputy head
- 8 What happened to Luke Durbin? Mum's renewed appeal 15 years after teenager vanished in Ipswich
- 9 Thieves use bank cards after stealing rucksack from Ipswich doorstep
- 10 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
The money will buy a double-headed microscope for reconstructive surgery for people recovering from cancer of the lips, tongue or jaw.
By having an extra head on the microscope it will enable Mr Davies to train other people to carry out the life-saving surgery.
So far, more than £20,000 has been raised towards the appeal and every penny is still needed.
Anyone wanting to give donations can send them to League of Friends of Ipswich Hospital at 3 Berry Close, Warren Heath, Ipswich IP3 8sp.
For further information or to offer help call Jane Symes on 07984 760167.