Money floods in to Sir Bobby's appeal
A MASSIVE £38,000 has been raised so far for the Sir Bobby Robson Jubilee Appeal.Money is still pouring in to boost the funds that are being raised to buy a ground breaking new piece of equipment.
A MASSIVE £38,000 has been raised so far for the Sir Bobby Robson Jubilee Appeal.
Money is still pouring in to boost the funds that are being raised to buy a ground breaking new piece of equipment.
Ipswich Hospital's League of Friends has been working tirelessly to raise the £55,000 needed to buy a equipment for reconstructive surgery to operate on people who have cancer in their face.
Another £1,000 has now helped to swell the appeal from Felixstowe company Stora Enso Transport and Distribution Limited.
You may also want to watch:
Dress down days, a bonus ball game and even a guess the baby competition all helped to raise the money.
Sir Bobby threw his weight behind the appeal after his life was saved by Consultant Huw Davies who diagnosed him with having cancer of the jaw in 1995.
- 1 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 2 Should buses be kept out of Ipswich's Upper Brook Street?
- 3 Ipswich teenage boy arrested over stabbing
- 4 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 5 Ipswich lorry drivers raise a glass as haulage firm launches in-house watering hole
- 6 Couple avoid jail for campaign of harassment against neighbour
- 7 Five of the best places to cure your hangover in Ipswich
- 8 Farmland 'years away' from development, says builder
- 9 Woman accused of fraudulently giving £75k to son while bankrupt
- 10 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
The money will buy a double-headed microscope for reconstructive surgery for people recovering from cancer of the lips, tongue or jaw.
By having an extra head on the microscope it will enable Mr Davies to train other people to carry out the life-saving surgery.
So far, more than £20,000 has been raised towards the appeal and every penny is still needed.
Anyone wanting to give donations can send them to League of Friends of Ipswich Hospital at 3 Berry Close, Warren Heath, Ipswich IP3 8sp.
For further information or to offer help call Jane Symes on 07984 760167.