Money stolen from woman at Santander cash machine in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her twenties was victim of a robbery at an cash machine in Ipswich.
The incident happened at the Santander cashpoint in Carr Street at about 8.15am on Wednesday.
The woman was removing money from the machine when she was pushed out of the way by a man who then stole the money from her hand.
The offender ran off but was stopped by a member of the public who recovered the cash. The offender ran off down the nearby alleyway towards Tacket Street.
The offender is described as a white man, approximately 5’10” tall, of a medium build, had a shaved head and was wearing a grey coat with yellow trim and dark grey trousers.
A police spokeswoman said the sum of cash stolen was less than £100.
Officers have spoken with the member of the public who stopped the offender, but are keen to speak to anyone else who witnessed the incident.
- 1 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 2 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 3 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
- 4 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 5 Homeless man allegedly stabbed man who offered help
- 6 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 7 Fire crews called to fire on flat balcony in busy Ipswich road
- 8 School in Ipswich 'proud' of good Ofsted report
- 9 Peugeot stolen from Ipswich pub car park
- 10 Delays on A14 after Orwell Bridge incident
Anyone with information relating to this incident has been asked to call Ipswich Priority Crime Team on 101 quoting IC/15/1483 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.