More acts coming to town
LIVE music fans listen up!British soul diva Gabrielle has added a second Ipswich date to her forthcoming UK tour after the first sold out. Not only that but eighties stars Human League are also booked in for a live performance at the Regent during their national tour later this year.
LIVE music fans listen up!
British soul diva Gabrielle has added a second Ipswich date to her forthcoming UK tour after the first sold out. Not only that but eighties stars Human League are also booked in for a live performance at the Regent during their national tour later this year.
Gabrielle, who is already performing a sell-out concert at the Regent on December 1 will now prolong her stay in Ipswich with a second show now booked for December 2 while the Human League are due to arrive on December 13.
The added Gabrielle date will come as great news for any fans who were left disappointed when tickets for her initial date sold out.
You may also want to watch:
Since the release of her debut single Dreams 11 years ago, the R&B star has established herself as one of Britain's best ever female singers with a tally of hit records and critical acclaim. Among her accolades are ten top ten hits, three massive selling albums, a greatest hits collection that sold 2.6million copies worldwide, two Brit awards and two MOBOs.
Meanwhile, Human League were synth-pop superstars of the eighties with hits such as Don't You Want Me, Love Action and Together In Electric Dreams and albums such as Dare, Travelogue and Reproduction that many music critics said changed the face of pop.
- 1 Police cordon off section of Ipswich residential street
- 2 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 Anger at parking fines for butcher, barber and carpet fitter shoppers
- 5 Teenagers arrested after 17-year-old boy stabbed in Ipswich
- 6 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 7 School completes £15.5million revamp with demolition of former building
- 8 Teenage boy denies knife attack near Ipswich supermarket
- 9 Teenager arrested after man suffers cut to neck on Ipswich estate
- 10 Meet the strongest 40+ English woman, a teacher from Ipswich
The nucleus of the group - Phil Oakey, Joanne Catherall and Susan Sulley - remains the same as it was then and their performance in Ipswich later this year promises to be a trip down musical memory lane with all their greatest hits being brought back to life.
The inclusion of these dates in the Regent's autumn season comes as a boost to a programme already bursting with top name acts that already includes Neil and Tim Finn, Lulu, the Moody Blues, Whitesnake, Bill Wyman, Jools Holland and Status Quo.
n Gabrielle will be playing an extra date at Ipswich Regent on December 2. Tickets cost £23.50. The Human League will be at the same venue on December 13. Tickets cost £21.50.
All tickets are on sale now and available at the Central Box Office, in Princes Street, Ipswich, by calling 01473 433100 or online at www.ipswich-ents.co.uk