More arrests in Ipswich bank brawl probe
PUBLISHED: 12:44 01 September 2015 | UPDATED: 12:44 01 September 2015
Two more suspects have been arrested after a mass brawl which led to the closure of Barclays Bank in Ipswich town centre.
Six people are currently on bail pending further inquiries after an outbreak of disorder at the premises in Princes Street.
The incident occurred late in the morning of June 30 and ended with the bank having to be closed for the rest of the day so the debris and damage could be cleared up.
The latest arrests involved a 21-year-old man and a 27-year-old who are both from Ipswich.
Both were detained on suspicion of violent disorder.
Previously a 32-year-old and a 36-year-old were arrested in early July on suspicion of the same offence.
After being questioned at Martlesham police investigation centre they were released on bail.
Shortly after the incident in June two other males, aged 27 and 29, were detained, initially on suspicion of affray.
A 15-year-old boy from Ipswich was also arrested.
Although there have been seven arrests a spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary said there were only six people currently on bail.
All the suspects are due to return to the police investigation centre over the course of today, tomorrow and Thursday.
The disturbance was said to have begun in Princes Street outside Barclays before spilling into the bank.
Passers-by filmed the incident and took photographs on their mobile phones.
Shortly afterwards police said they were aware of the footage that was taken.
Anyone with information which could help the inquiry should telephone Suffolk Constabulary on 101 quoting CAD 168 of Tuesday, June 30.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ipswich Star. Click the link in the orange box above for details.