More charges in Grundisborugh shooting
MORE gun charges have been laid against the man accused of shooting a Grundisburgh teenager.21-year-old Alexander Powell appeared in South East Suffolk Magistrates Court to be committed to crown court for trial.
MORE gun charges have been laid against the man accused of shooting a Grundisburgh teenager.
21-year-old Alexander Powell appeared in South East Suffolk Magistrates Court to be committed to crown court for trial.
But magistrates heard Powell, who now lives in a Luton bail hostel, faced a new charge which could only be dealt with in a higher court.
David Taylor, prosecuting, said Powell was now charged with owning a handgun with the intent to cause fear of violence.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Taylor also introduced a charge of owning a firearm without a licence.
Powell had already heard a charge of unlawful wounding at a previous court appearance.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 3 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 4 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 5 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 6 Hail, thunder and gusty winds forecast for Suffolk
- 7 Get lost in two sunflower mazes at this Suffolk farm
- 8 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 9 Go-ahead secured for new hotel near Ipswich Town ground
- 10 150 new council homes get go-ahead in Ipswich
Grundisburgh residents were stunned when police descended on their Suffolk village on September 12.
Cordons were set up in Stoney Road after a 19-year-old girl was rushed to Ipswich Hospital with gunshot wounds to her neck and shoulder.
Powell was arrested at the scene and taken to Ipswich Police Station for questioning, before being charged with unlawful wounding.
He has not entered a plea to any of the charges he faces.
Magistrates re-imposed a bail condition banning Powell from entering Suffolk, except to appear at court.
On application from defence counsel Nigel Innes, this was extended to allow visits to his solicitors.
Powell's next court appearance was set for November 26 at Ipswich Crown Court.