More delays for commuters
RUSH-hour rail services between East Anglia and London were delayed by up to 30 minutes today for the second day running.
RAIL services between East Anglia and London are still facing delays of up to an hour - for a second day running.
A broken track in the Colchester area has resulted in the closure of the London bound track resulting in more misery for commuters heading to the capital.
A spokesman for Network Rail said services in all directions are currently being run on a single track. He said: “We advise people where possible to allow extra time for the journeys. We expect the problem to be sorted by lunchtime.”
Rush-hour services were severely delayed forcing operators National Express East Anglia to cut some of its services heading to the capital.
National Express East Anglia spokesman Ellen Rossiter said: “Services on the mainline are being affected by delays of up to an hour at the moment.
“And services from Felixstowe have also been affected by the congestion on the mainline.
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 3 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 5 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 6 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 7 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 8 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 9 'Mum had the last Christmas she deserved' - Ipswich hospice helps families
- 10 Major milestone marked as Ipswich Hospital south entrance reopens
“We apologise for any inconvenience caused to passengers.”
Further delays are expected for commuters when they reach the capital after late running engineering work on the London Underground led to a suspension of some services this morning.
The Metropolitan line is currently part suspended and there are severe delays in place on the Jubilee line at the moment.