More flats set for Regatta Quay
A WATERFRONT development of 290 homes is set to get bigger still if the go-ahead is given to add a further 31 apartments to the scheme.Construction of the £84m Regatta Quay scheme on the site of a former maltings got under way back in January but the developers want the finished article to be even bigger than currently planned.
A WATERFRONT development of 290 homes is set to get bigger still if the go-ahead is given to add a further 31 apartments to the scheme.
Construction of the £84m Regatta Quay scheme on the site of a former maltings got under way back in January but the developers want the finished article to be even bigger than currently planned.
Two applications have been submitted with Ipswich Borough council to allow for 22 additional apartments over two storeys in block A of the development and nine further apartments over three storeys in block C.
Graeme Whyte, of developers City Living Developments, said the reason for the alterations is two-fold.
He said: “As well as more apartments we have applied for an additional 24 car park spaces.
“This will allow us to free up more spaces for the commercial aspects of the development to make that more viable.
- 1 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 2 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 3 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 4 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 5 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 6 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 7 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 8 Emergency roadworks on busy Ipswich street to fix leaking water main
- 9 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 10 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas
“The nine extra flats we are applying for permission to build in block C will be higher value flats facing onto the waterfront.
“This will allow us to review the prices of the other flats to make them more affordable.”
If the extra flats are given the green-light it would bring the total number in the development to 321.
As well as scores of homes the development will feature 42,000 square feet of commercial space on the ground floor.
This includes offices and a small theatre for the Red Rose Chain Theatre group.
Construction work on the development is expected to be completed by the middle of 2009.
n.What do you think of the plans? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail email@example.com