More households to have brown bins
MORE brown bins are set to be wheeled out across Ipswich.Green-fingered householders can look forward to the delivery of a brown bin in October, subject to funding, after the borough council agreed to roll out 10,700 more.
MORE brown bins are set to be wheeled out across Ipswich.
Green-fingered householders can look forward to the delivery of a brown bin in October, subject to funding, after the borough council agreed to roll out 10,700 more.
But exactly which will benefit remains uncertain as the decision will be taken over the summer.
An Ipswich Borough Council spokesman said: "We are determined to roll out the brown bins across Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
"We are pleased that thousands of residents are already working with us to recycle more and so protect our environment."
The bins are used to recycle garden and kitchen rubbish such as grass cuttings and vegetable peelings.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 3 'My life is on hold' – Ipswich man's plea for life-changing surgery
- 4 'Kind and caring' friend of the football community dies
- 5 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 6 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 7 Historic Waterfront church to be new Ipswich music venue
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 9 Risk of thundery showers this evening, say forecasters
- 10 New Ipswich fine food store is back - and smoked eels prove a hit
If funding is granted 53 percent of the town will benefit from a brown bin.