More money raised for Scott and Dean
A DISCO and buffet in aid of the Dean and Scott Memorial Appeal raised an incredible £801.31 in one night.More than 100 people attended the event at the Labour Club on Landseer Road, Ipswich.
A DISCO and buffet in aid of the Dean and Scott Memorial Appeal raised an incredible £801.31 in one night.
More than 100 people attended the event at the Labour Club on Landseer Road, Ipswich.
Event organiser Julia Johnson, of Mildmay Road, said: "It was a brilliant night and a great atmosphere.
"We did not expect to raise so much, we expected to raise about £400, so we are still in shock ourselves."
You may also want to watch:
Mastertronic Roadshow provided the music free and the buffet was provided mainly by Twinkles on Nacton Road with donations of food from volunteers from the St Elizabeth Hospice charity shop, also on Nacton Road.
Dean Bloomfield and Scott Towler, both aged 15, were killed by a car as they walked down Fore Hamlet on May 30.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 3 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 4 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 5 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 6 Hail, thunder and gusty winds forecast for Suffolk
- 7 Pub bosses hope for 'return to normality' as Covid cases fall in Ipswich
- 8 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 9 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 10 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
Ms Johnson, manageress at St Elizabeth Hospice charity shop, said: "My son is a similar age to those boys and it hit home with a lot of us."
She thanked all those who helped make the night such a success including all those who donated raffle prizes and cash.
n. Any donations should be made out to the Dean and Scott appeal and sent to Geraldine Thompson, Editors Secretary, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN.