More money raised for Scott and Dean
A DISCO and buffet in aid of the Dean and Scott Memorial Appeal raised an incredible £801.31 in one night.More than 100 people attended the event at the Labour Club on Landseer Road, Ipswich.
A DISCO and buffet in aid of the Dean and Scott Memorial Appeal raised an incredible £801.31 in one night.
More than 100 people attended the event at the Labour Club on Landseer Road, Ipswich.
Event organiser Julia Johnson, of Mildmay Road, said: "It was a brilliant night and a great atmosphere.
"We did not expect to raise so much, we expected to raise about £400, so we are still in shock ourselves."
Mastertronic Roadshow provided the music free and the buffet was provided mainly by Twinkles on Nacton Road with donations of food from volunteers from the St Elizabeth Hospice charity shop, also on Nacton Road.
Dean Bloomfield and Scott Towler, both aged 15, were killed by a car as they walked down Fore Hamlet on May 30.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 3 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 4 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 5 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 6 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 7 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 8 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
Ms Johnson, manageress at St Elizabeth Hospice charity shop, said: "My son is a similar age to those boys and it hit home with a lot of us."
She thanked all those who helped make the night such a success including all those who donated raffle prizes and cash.
n. Any donations should be made out to the Dean and Scott appeal and sent to Geraldine Thompson, Editors Secretary, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN.