More than 20,000 visit Felixstowe seafront for ‘best ever’ Art on the Prom event
More than 20,000 people flocked to Felixstowe seafront on Sunday to view a spectacular display of art that stretched along the promenade.
Art on the Prom saw more than 120 artists showcase their work between the newly-refurbished pier and the Spa Pavilion.
Stephen Wyatt, one of the event’s organisers, said the event, now in its 14th year, has been a huge success.
“It has gone absolutely brilliantly, it has been packed from the beginning to the end,” he said.
“It is out best event ever.
“And the weather has been great, much better than forecast.
“It has been really positive, there has been a real buzz about the place.
- 1 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
- 2 Omid Djalili cracks Ipswich joke at Queen's Platinum Jubilee show
- 3 Charity match held in memory of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens
- 4 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 5 Brother of Ipswich murder victim to roll out bleed control kits across town
- 6 Ford Transit van destroyed in suspected arson attack
- 7 OPINION: Back to business - these are the council's plans for Ipswich
- 8 Meet John Cook the next mayor of Ipswich – and a Norwich City supporter
- 9 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 10 St Clement's Church ready for new life as an arts centre
“I think everyone has enjoyed spending the day looking at all the superb art work.
“I think the shops in the town have done quite well too.
“People have come not just from Felixstowe but from far and wide.”