More than 20,000 visit Felixstowe seafront for ‘best ever’ Art on the Prom event
More than 20,000 people flocked to Felixstowe seafront on Sunday to view a spectacular display of art that stretched along the promenade.
Art on the Prom saw more than 120 artists showcase their work between the newly-refurbished pier and the Spa Pavilion.
Stephen Wyatt, one of the event’s organisers, said the event, now in its 14th year, has been a huge success.
“It has gone absolutely brilliantly, it has been packed from the beginning to the end,” he said.
“It is out best event ever.
You may also want to watch:
“And the weather has been great, much better than forecast.
“It has been really positive, there has been a real buzz about the place.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 3 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 4 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 7 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 8 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 9 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
- 10 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
“I think everyone has enjoyed spending the day looking at all the superb art work.
“I think the shops in the town have done quite well too.
“People have come not just from Felixstowe but from far and wide.”