More top bands on the way
ANOTHER summer of music is on the way with UB40 and the Red Hot Chili Peppers looking set to come to the county this year.Talks have taken place to get the Red Hot Chili Peppers to play at Ipswich Town's Portman Road stadium.
ANOTHER summer of music is on the way with UB40 and the Red Hot Chili Peppers looking set to come to the county this year.
Talks have taken place to get the Red Hot Chili Peppers to play at Ipswich Town's Portman Road stadium.
Although the football club was unable to confirm the discussions, a spokesman said various high-profile acts are being considered.
“We're talking to a number of groups and their representatives but there is no announcement forthcoming just yet,” he said.
“We're hoping to stage at least one major concert in the summer with the possibility of another. Negotiations are ongoing.”
If confirmed, the Red Hot Chili Peppers would become the latest in a growing number of world-renowned acts to perform at Portman Road.
- 1 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 3 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 4 Police cordon off Felixstowe town centre car park after incident
- 5 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 6 Estate agent switches household’s energy supply without telling tenant
- 7 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 8 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 9 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 10 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
Last year saw REM and Neil Diamond hold concerts at the 30,000-seater stadium, following on from the success of Elton John's visit in 2004.
And in Thetford Forest, the hugely successful reggae band UB40 will be playing on June 9.
Following a sell-out arena tour in the autumn, the band has announced they will be performing in Thetford as part of the Forestry Commission's Annual Forest Tour.
One of the few bands to have the same line-up from their early days, UB40 have selected Thetford Forest as one of just a handful of venues they will be performing at this year.
The Suffolk date will be the first of just seven concerts they have planned for the summer.
Tickets for the event, on June 9, go on sale this Friday.
UB40 are best known for hits such as One In Ten, Red Red Wine, Don't Break My Heart, Kiss and Say Goodbye and Can't Help Falling In Love.
Top British band Embrace announced at the end of the last year they would be performing in Thetford this summer - proving Suffolk has a growing reputation that is pulling in some of the industry's biggest names.