MOT centre fire put out
A FIRE has been put out at an MOT centre after explosions occurred in the morning blaze.Fire crews were called to the centre, in Salisbury Avenue, Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex, shortly before 6am and had described the scene as a rapidly developing fire.
A FIRE has been put out at an MOT centre after explosions occurred in the morning blaze.
Fire crews were called to the centre, in Salisbury Avenue, Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex, shortly before 6am and had described the scene as a rapidly developing fire.
But the blaze was put out by 6.45am in the building which measures 30 metres by 20 metres.
Divisional officer Bob Wahl said: "The quick action of the crews prevented the fire spreading to adjoining industrial units.
You may also want to watch:
“The centre is located in a dense residential area so the speed at which crews tackled the incident prevented the fire spreading to nearby gardens as well."
The cause of the blaze is being investigated.
- 1 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 2 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 3 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 4 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 5 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 6 Anger at 'death trap' road in Pinewood
- 7 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 8 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 9 Ipswich woman who punched partner in face is ordered to pay compensation
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces Christmas show supporting young Suffolk musicians