Mother and children die in road tragedy
POLICE revealed today that the four people who were killed in one of Suffolk's most horrific road accidents were a mother and her three children.The crash happened at 6.
POLICE revealed today that the four people who were killed in one of Suffolk's most horrific road accidents were a mother and her three children.
The crash happened at 6.30pm yesterday on the notorious A1101 at Kenny Hill, near Mildenhall, and involved a Vauxhall Vectra and a Honda Accord car.
The Honda landed on its roof in a water-filled ditch with a 20-year-old woman and her three children – a five-year-old boy, a girl aged three and a boy of just 23-months – inside the vehicle.
Efforts were made in vain to rescue and resuscitate the victims, but they were pronounced dead at the scene.
Formal identifications were still being carried out.
A 26-year-old man and a 21-year-old woman who had been travelling in the Vauxhall Vectra were treated at the scene for minor injuries.
- 1 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 2 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 3 'Lovely to be acknowledged' - Ipswich craft shop pleased with bounce back
- 4 Man arrested after Ipswich train station incident released
- 5 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 8 Court to decide how much swindler should repay customers
- 9 Yellow weather warning in place as Storm Barra set to hit Suffolk
- 10 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
Officers closed the road and set up diversions to allow fire crews and paramedics to get to the scene.