Mother and children die in road tragedy
POLICE revealed today that the four people who were killed in one of Suffolk's most horrific road accidents were a mother and her three children.The crash happened at 6.
POLICE revealed today that the four people who were killed in one of Suffolk's most horrific road accidents were a mother and her three children.
The crash happened at 6.30pm yesterday on the notorious A1101 at Kenny Hill, near Mildenhall, and involved a Vauxhall Vectra and a Honda Accord car.
The Honda landed on its roof in a water-filled ditch with a 20-year-old woman and her three children – a five-year-old boy, a girl aged three and a boy of just 23-months – inside the vehicle.
Efforts were made in vain to rescue and resuscitate the victims, but they were pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Formal identifications were still being carried out.
A 26-year-old man and a 21-year-old woman who had been travelling in the Vauxhall Vectra were treated at the scene for minor injuries.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
- 3 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 4 Couple avoid jail for campaign of harassment against neighbour
- 5 Man jailed for attacking teenage girl with saucepan and meat cleaver in Ipswich
- 6 New streetfood restaurant set to open in Ipswich Corn Exchange
- 7 Ipswich man charged over alleged cocaine dealing
- 8 Developer 'ecstatic' as multi-million pound town hotel gets green light
- 9 Five of the best places to cure your hangover in Ipswich
Officers closed the road and set up diversions to allow fire crews and paramedics to get to the scene.