Search

Mother and son hurt in Ipswich fire

PUBLISHED: 09:04 30 November 2001 | UPDATED: 10:56 03 March 2010

A MOTHER and her two sons were taken to hospital today, after a fire broke out in the bathroom of their Ipswich home.

Neighbours were alerted by the sound of smoke alarms at the Tyler Street house soon at about 7.

A MOTHER and her two sons were taken to hospital today, after a fire broke out in the bathroom of their Ipswich home.

Neighbours were alerted by the sound of smoke alarms at the Tyler Street house soon at about 7.20am.

Next door neighbour Tanyia Bailey said one of the boys knocked on her door, and she opened it to see his face blackened by smoke.

She said the mother, known as Marilyn, had suffered burns to her arm after trying to extinguish the flames.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ipswich Star. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Ipswich Star