Motorcyclist killed in crash
A MOTORCYCLIST was killed in a crash on a busy Suffolk road.The man, who has not been named, came off his motorbike on the A12 just south of Wangford at 9.
A MOTORCYCLIST was killed in a crash on a busy Suffolk road.
The man, who has not been named, came off his motorbike on the A12 just south of Wangford at 9.20pm yesterday.
A Suffolk police spokesman said initial reports suggested the motorcyclist had been the only person involved in the accident, but was unable to provide further details last night.
A spokesman for the East Anglian Ambulance Trust said it had attended a fatal road accident on the southbound carriageway of the A12 last night.
You may also want to watch:
Parish councillors have already expressed concern about the number of accidents happening on the A12 near Wangford.
A 31-year-old Porsche driver from north Suffolk died in hospital following a head-on collision with a Land Rover on the southbound carriageway of the A12 near Wangford in November last year.
- 1 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 2 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 3 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 6 Cyclist suffers injuries after crash in Ipswich
- 7 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
- 8 Man caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 9 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 10 Receptionist spent 40 days and nights living in Ipswich animal shelter
His death prompted one Wangford parish councillor to call for improved safety measures on the A12 near the village.
The motorcyclist became the fourth person to die in a week in or following accidents on the county's roads.