Motorcyclist killed in crash
A MOTORCYCLIST was killed in a crash on a busy Suffolk road.The man, who has not been named, came off his motorbike on the A12 just south of Wangford at 9.
A MOTORCYCLIST was killed in a crash on a busy Suffolk road.
The man, who has not been named, came off his motorbike on the A12 just south of Wangford at 9.20pm yesterday.
A Suffolk police spokesman said initial reports suggested the motorcyclist had been the only person involved in the accident, but was unable to provide further details last night.
A spokesman for the East Anglian Ambulance Trust said it had attended a fatal road accident on the southbound carriageway of the A12 last night.
You may also want to watch:
Parish councillors have already expressed concern about the number of accidents happening on the A12 near Wangford.
A 31-year-old Porsche driver from north Suffolk died in hospital following a head-on collision with a Land Rover on the southbound carriageway of the A12 near Wangford in November last year.
- 1 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 2 Should buses be kept out of Ipswich's Upper Brook Street?
- 3 Ipswich teenage boy arrested over stabbing
- 4 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 5 Couple avoid jail for campaign of harassment against neighbour
- 6 Ipswich lorry drivers raise a glass as haulage firm launches in-house watering hole
- 7 Five of the best places to cure your hangover in Ipswich
- 8 Farmland 'years away' from development, says builder
- 9 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
His death prompted one Wangford parish councillor to call for improved safety measures on the A12 near the village.
The motorcyclist became the fourth person to die in a week in or following accidents on the county's roads.