Motorcyclist remains in life-threatening condition following crash near Kesgrave
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A motorcyclist remains in a life-threatening condition following a crash near Kesgrave last night.
The collision, involving a car and a motorcycle, happened just after 7pm at the junction of Bell Lane and Foxhall Road on Friday, June 7.
The motorcyclist, a man, was rushed to hospital with life-threatening injuries.
A police spokesman said this morning that he remains in a critical condition and has been transferred to Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridgeshire.
A stretch of Foxhall Road and Bell Lane was closed to traffic last night as emergency services worked at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Police officers, ambulance crews and a team from Suffolk Accident Rescue Service (SARS) attended the incident.
A spokesman for SARS said: "A volunteer critical care team from the emergency medical charity, SARS was mobilised to a serious road traffic collision on the junction of Bell Land and Foxhall Road, near Kesgrave yesterday evening.
- 1 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 2 Anger at 'death trap' road in Pinewood
- 3 Ipswich woman who punched partner in face is ordered to pay compensation
- 4 Ipswich carer stole £570 from autistic client's bank account
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Tesco introduces permanent quiet hours at its stores
- 7 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 8 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 9 Everything you need to know about inflatable Waterfront sculpture
- 10 Fresh warning to parents after children re-enact Squid Game on playgrounds
"The incident occurred at around 7pm and involved a motorcyclist and a car.
"The SARS team working with ambulance crews at the scene provided advanced prehospital treatment for a male patient who had sustained multiple life-threatening injuries.
"A team from the East Anglian Air Ambulance arrived later and the patient was subsequently transferred to hospital."
The road was reopened at around 11.30pm.