Motorist accused of driving at 113mph among four alleged speeding offences on Orwell Bridge
A motorist is to appear before Ipswich magistrates accused of four speeding offences on the Orwell Bridge in eight days, including travelling at 113mph and 103mph.
Paul Burke, of Peckham Street, Bury St Edmunds, allegedly travelled at nearly double the 60mph limit on August 10 last year.
His Audi is said to have been caught on camera speeding at 113mph shortly before 3.30am.
Four days later the 41-year-old allegedly was caught again doing 77mph. The following day, August 15, his Audi is said to have been clocked going 103mph at just after 2.45am.
The fourth accusation is that Burke was speeding on the bridge at 80mph on August 18.
All four allegations are said to have occurred on the Felixstowe-bound carriageway.
Burke is also accused of four offences of failing to give information relating to the identification of the driver for each alleged speeding offence.
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 3 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 4 Dog rescued from flat fire
- 5 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 6 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 8 'Vile violation of trust' - son hits out after carer stole £1,700 from mum
- 9 A14 closed overnight as lorry overturns in multi-vehicle pile up
- 10 Politicians make Ipswich a third division town
He is due to appear in court on May 26.