Motorists hit by gridlock in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Traffic is gridlocked in some parts of Ipswich this evening and there is severe congestion on the A14 on the outskirts of the town.
There are reports of very slow moving traffic on Princes Street, Grey Friars Street, Star Lane, Civic Drive, Crown Street and College Street.
More delays have been reported on Grafton Way, Bridge Street, St Helens Street and Fore Hamlet.
One lane has been closed on College road this week as Anglia Water carry out repair and maintenance work.
Foundry Road has also been closed while work is underway.
Traffic lights on Wherstead Road are also in place causing delays on Hawes Street and Bridge Street.
Police were called to a crash on the A14 westbound at around 5.20pm involving at least five vehicles.
- 1 Most desirable places to live in Ipswich according to estate agents
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals locked up so far in 2022
- 3 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 4 Woman 'froze' after seeing masked men with machetes in Ipswich
- 5 Plans for 440 homes and visitor centre in Ipswich Garden Suburb submitted
- 6 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 7 Missing 12-year-old girl from Ipswich found safe
- 8 OPINION: Free sporting activities for children return to Ipswich this summer
- 9 Ipswich singer to perform UK festival tour after scoring club hit
- 10 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
A police spokeswoman said it happened close to the sliproad of the A1156 Whitehouse junction.
“It involved a motorcycle, a couple of vans and two or three cars, she said.”