Motorists warned of icy conditions
MOTORISTS are today being warned to expect icy conditions on the roads across the county.Suffolk County Council will be gritting all main routes early tomorrow morning, starting at 4.30am.
MOTORISTS are today being warned to expect icy conditions on the roads across the county.
Suffolk County Council will be gritting all main routes early tomorrow morning, starting at 4.30am.
Ipswich Borough Council will be gritting cold routes tonight, starting at 8pm.
The County Council has advised drivers to listen to weather forecasts on the radio or television before setting out, allow extra time for journeys in wintry conditions, and reduce speed generally.
Main routes should be used as far as possible for journeys as these are most likely to have been salted.
If conditions are severe, motorists are advised to consider delaying their journeys.
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 3 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 4 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 5 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 6 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 7 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 8 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 9 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 10 House of Tweed leaves Ipswich after Christmas season