Car collides with property and takes out gas meter in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters and police officers were called to a street in Ipswich on Sunday night after a car collided with a home and damaged the property’s gas meter.
Four Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service crews were sent to the back of Mountbatten Court, in Prospect Road, at about 7.45pm.
The car, a black Renault Clio, had collided with the front of a ground floor flat in Mountbatten Court and damaged a gas meter, according to police, who were also called to the scene.
A crew from Ipswich East, Princes Street, Woodbridge and Leiston responded to the call.
Two of the engines were later stood down.
You may also want to watch:
Gas engineers from Cadent, were also sent to Prospect Road to repair the damage caused in the collision.
The gas supply to the property was isolated.
- 1 Teenager seriously injured in Ipswich stabbing
- 2 Police on scene of 'ongoing incident' in Ipswich cul-de-sac
- 3 Aldi to retain Whitton Meredith Road store after taking it off the market
- 4 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 5 New mass vaccination centre in Ipswich opens today
- 6 Danger warning after seal pup rescued from fishing net by member of public
- 7 Police continue to investigate stabbing of teenager
- 8 Teenage drug dealer carrying knuckleduster spared jail
- 9 Coronavirus case rates in Suffolk continue to fall below national average
- 10 Death of 'happy go lucky' woman could not have been predicted
Recovery trucks were tonight at the scene removing the damaged car.
No one was said to have been injured in the crash.
The collision did not result in any other homes having to be evacuated.
Police said the driver of the car remained at the scene.