Mourners set to gather to remember Jason
MOURNERS were set to gather together today for the funeral of 24-year-old Jason Hadley who died in Ghana.The open service was due to start at noon today at St Augustine's Church, Ipswich.
MOURNERS were set to gather together today for the funeral of 24-year-old Jason Hadley who died in Ghana.
The open service was due to start at noon today at St Augustine's Church, Ipswich.
This was to be followed by a reception for family and friends.
Mr Hadley, who had a four-year-old son Roman, died on September 13 in Accra, Ghana, though the exact circumstances around his death remain a mystery.
He had gone to Ghana to work as an electrical technician for a company, which had given him work previously on the Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 project and in Norway, but returned to Ipswich regularly. He had been working for the electrical engineering and construction company for just seven days before he died.
Tributes have been pouring in to for the former Copleston High pupil, who had recently bought a house in Fircroft Road, which he was doing up for him and Roman to live in.
- 1 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 2 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 4 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 5 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 6 Do you recognise these old Tolly Cobbold pubs?
- 7 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 8 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 9 Three-home development for former Thornbank care home
- 10 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
His friends are raising money to create a memorial to him, possibly a bench with a plaque on in the grounds of his old secondary school.