MP lead protest against phone mast
TORY MP David Ruffley is leading a protest against extending a mobile phone mast in Stowupland, near Stowmarket.He is one of a long list of objectors who has written to complain about plans by mobile phone company Hutchinson3G which want to extend a 15m mast at Green Farm in the village by 6m to 21m.
TORY MP David Ruffley is leading a protest against extending a mobile phone mast in Stowupland, near Stowmarket.
He is one of a long list of objectors who has written to complain about plans by mobile phone company Hutchinson3G which want to extend a 15m mast at Green Farm in the village by 6m to 21m.
Yet Mid Suffolk district council was today set to give the go-ahead to the proposal despite a chorus of disapproval from people living nearby.
Protestors have said that the mast is not needed – and the company, which owns mobile phone company Orange, should look harder to find an alternative site.
You may also want to watch:
The firm has also applied for permission to erect two antennae and three dishes on the new mast as well as installing an equipment cabin at ground level.
Resident Keith Wellaham, who lives 100 metres away from the proposed site, said that the community was worried about health fears surrounding mobile phone masts.
- 1 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 2 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 3 Man caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 4 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 5 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 6 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 7 'They saved a life' - neighbour praises firefighters in Ipswich house blaze
- 8 New Oasis Lounge bar planned for former Waterfront gym site
- 9 Delays on A14 after lorry and car crash
- 10 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
"With all these attachments it's obviously going to have a bigger impact on the countryside," he said.
Mr Ruffley, in whose constituency Stowupland falls, has campaigned against planting mobile masts in the countryside before.
He was unavailable for comment today.